Transportation services provided by the LRPC are primarily funded through contracts with the NH Department of Transportation (NHDOT). DOT funding is derived from federal and state sources.
LRPC's Transportation Program has four main components:
- Approved traffic counts are available at the NH DOT site: (http://www.nh.gov/dot/org/operations/traffic/documents.htm)
- NH DOT maintains a Transportation Data Management System, a "web-based interactive map allows users to customize searches, and directly view and download traffic count data." located at their website.
- LRPC performs from 150-200 traffic counts a year, using a schedule developed by the DOT. By request, LRPC can do additional counts and update a road inventory for a member. Please contact us for details. LRPC is also available to conduct turning movement counts and speed counts on paved roads.
- Land use and transportation are closely related; a change in one aspect could influence the other. LRPC has conducted transportation studies in order to understand the current land use/transportation relationship along vital stretches of the Lakes Region highways. These efforts help support decision making by providing a detailed understanding of how land use effects transportation and vise versa, now and in the future.
- Stream Assessment is a useful tool in sharing asset condition and location for coordinating local projects. Data collection includes: culvert and headwall materials, size, and condition, sediment build-up, scouring and other attributes.
- NH Aquatic Restoration Mapper- This is a tool that has been developed for the review of Road and Stream Crossings and can be particularly useful for prioritizing mitigation and prioritization efforts. It identifies some intersections between natural resources and transportation.
- A comprehensive review of road network surface condition. Useful in programming improvements and to model funding impacts on pavement condition index (PCI) over time. A perfect complement for your community’s Transportation Improvement Plan (TIP) or Capital Improvements Program (CIP).
Transportation Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) Special Planning and Research Projects
- 2012 Bicycling and Walking Plan
- 2012 Bicycling and Walking Plan (Conceptual Design Supplement)
- Presentation - 2012 Lakes Region Bicycling and Walking Plan
- 2008 Regional Transportation Plan
- Corridor studies
- Public transportation
- Lakes Region Tour - Scenic Byways Map
- NH Scenic Byways Council – Next Meeting
- 2015 Lakes Region TIP
- 2013 Lakes Region TIP
- 2013 TIP Projects Map
- NH Ten Year Plan (TYP)
- TYP Comparison 2013-2022 & 2015-2024
- Transportation Chapter of 2015 - 2020 Regional Plan
- 2011 Lakes Region TIP
- Citizen's Guide to the Transportation System (NHDOT)
Transportation Study Support
- Past Projects:
Road Surface Management Systems (RSMS)
- Mid-State RCC: http://www.midstatercc.org
- Carroll County RCC: http://www.carrollcountyrcc.net/