Transportation services provided by the LRPC are primarily funded through contracts with the NH Department of Transportation (NHDOT). DOT funding is derived from federal and state sources. LRPC's Transportation Program has four main components:
- Approved traffic counts are available at NHDOT's website: (http://www.nh.gov/dot/org/operations/traffic/documents.htm).
- NHDOT maintains a Transportation Data Management System—a "web-based interactive map allows users to customize searches, and directly view and download traffic count data"—on their website here.
- LRPC performs from 150-200 traffic counts a year, using a schedule developed by the DOT. LRPC can do additional counts and update road inventories for members by request. LRPC is also available to conduct turning movement counts and speed counts on paved roads.
- Land use and transportation are closely related; a change in one aspect could influence the other. LRPC has conducted transportation studies in order to understand the current land use/transportation relationship along vital stretches of the Lakes Region highways. These efforts help support decision making by providing a detailed understanding of how land use effects transportation and vise versa, now and in the future.
- Stream Assessment is a useful tool in sharing asset condition and location for coordinating local projects. Data collection includes: culvert and headwall materials, size, and condition, sediment build-up, scouring and other attributes.
- NH Aquatic Restoration Mapper- This is a tool that has been developed for the review of Road and Stream Crossings and can be particularly useful for prioritizing mitigation and prioritization efforts. It identifies some intersections between natural resources and transportation.
- A comprehensive review of road network surface condition. Useful in programming improvements and to model funding impacts on pavement condition index (PCI) over time. A perfect complement for your community’s Transportation Improvement Plan (TIP) or Capital Improvements Program (CIP).
Policy and Plan Development
Transportation Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) Special Planning and Research Projects
- 2012 Bicycling and Walking Plan
- 2012 Bicycling and Walking Plan (Conceptual Design Supplement)
- Presentation - 2012 Lakes Region Bicycling and Walking Plan
- 2008 Regional Transportation Plan
- Corridor Studies
- Public Transportation
- Lakes Region Tour - Scenic Byways Map
- NH Scenic & Cultural Byways Council
- Lakes Region Tour Scenic Byway Corridor Managment Plan
LRPC Regional Transportation Plan TIP – Transportation Improvement Program
- 2011 Lakes Region TIP
- 2013 Lakes Region TIP
- 2013 TIP Projects Map
- 2015 Lakes Region TIP
- 2019 Lakes Region TIP
- NH Ten Year Plan (TYP)
- TYP Comparison 2013-2022 and 2015-2024
- Proposed Projects in 2021-2030 Ten Year Plan (January 2020)
- Preliminary Project Solicitation for 2023-2032 Ten Year Plan (April 2020)
- Applications due August 31, 2020 for the 2021-2032 Ten Year Plan
On-Call Engineering Services
- Request for Qualifications
- Companies (anonymized A through E; BETA Group, CMA Engineers, DuBois & King, HEB Engineers, KVPartners) were reviewed by two staff members from LRPC and a subcommittee of TAC (anonymized 1 through 5) based on Table 2: Selection Criteria described in the Request for Qualifications. The totals are tabulated below. Company A has been chosen to move forward with contract negotiations.
Aviation Assistance Transportation Study Support
- Past Projects:
- Mid-State RCC: http://www.midstatercc.org